As the Envirologic sustainability team continues efforts to reduce our waste footprint, we're focusing energy on lessening the use of paper. Although most of our client reports and communications are now digital, we believe the further elimination of paper use can be attained by following these simple steps from Rethink Recycling.
1. Print and copy on both sides.
2. Use e-mail to exchange documents, memos and reports.
3. Adjust fonts, margins, and spacing to fit more text.
4. When copying, reduce the size to fit two pages on one standard sheet.
5. Use electronic data storage.
6. Use recycled-content paper. Our business cards, letterhead, and stationary, are all printed on 100% recycled paper, generated with hydroelectricity.
The How Much Paper is Used in the U.S. in One Day infographic made by Esker, details the shocking amount of paper that is used each day in the United States. It is unfair to say that all of this paper is wasted, but you can certainly say that some goes to waste. It is important for everyone to start thinking about how to reduce, re-use and recycle paper and plastic products. There are a variety of ways to decrease the amount of paper you use. Next time you are about to throw out something, ask yourself: Can this be recycled or reused?
Subscribe to email alerts from the Envirologic Blog.
paper waste • recycled paper • paper reuse • esker • infographic • sustainability • envirologic